1. STOP ATTENDING CHURCH: This is hard for some yet easy for others. Many people stay at church because they love the fellowship. There is nothing wrong with fellowshipping, but you must know that brainwashing is most effective when done repetitiously. Also, if the members get wind that you are not feeling Jesus anymore, they will get together to find a way to intervene so that the devil won't snatch you out of the church. Find yourself other forms of fellowshipping. Join a meetup group in your area. Find others who you know won't judge you and hang out with them.
2 AVOID THE CLERGY: Many of you have clergy in your family. Your Grandfather may be the pastor of your church. Your Mother may be the head of the Usher Board. At any rate, you must distance yourself from them without completely cutting them off. Clergy are trained to convert the "sinner" to Christianity, so if you are in "what they call a 'backsliding' state, they will do everything in their power to wear you down and make you see the "error of your ways". Christianity is a bullying religion, and the main goal is to win as many souls to the kingdom as possible, no matter if they can explain the fairy tales or not. Avoiding them as much as you can in the beginning of your departure will be the best thing in my opinion.
3 STOP SENDING DONATIONS: Stop supporting what you no longer believe in. Many of you are still in church and giving your tithes and offerings to the lifetime "building fun" I mean "fund", but your Mama is struggling to keep her lights on, or your father lost his job and don't know what he is going to do. I know we all have our own bills and obligations...we feel like the parents should be helping us and not the other way around, but if you understand who your REAL Creator and Co-Creator is, then you would be just as excited to dance your offering over to the doorstep of your parents the same way you danced it to the offering plate every Sunday. Use that money to help a needy family. Take that regular donation and make a vow to pay your parent's phone bill. If you can give your money to complete strangers, you can give your money to your Creator and Co-Creator...Your Parents.
For you bible readers, here is a scripture: 1 Timothy 5:8 "If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
4. REQUEST THAT YOUR NAME BE REMOVED FROM THE CHURCH'S CONTACT LIST AND E-BULLETIN. The church feels like it is their obligation and duty to try and bring you back into the fold. As a matter of fact, they will harass you by calling, texting, emailing and stopping by to tell you how God loves you and they do too. Stop them in their tracks by very politely asking to be removed from all member contacts.
5. GET RID OF ANYTHING THAT YOU OWN THAT PROMOTES CHRISTIANITY: Right before I came out of Christianity, I sold my entire Christian Bookstore. I kept some of the books including the bible but got rid of all crosses, paintings, crucifixes ect. I do not recommend you getting rid of the bible, because as I always say, when you want to communicate with your loved ones who are still in Christianity, you will need to speak their language; unfortunately, their language is BIBLE.
6. INFORM YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO SOME SELF SEARCHING. Don't give them too much information about what you are doing or feeling. Again, they will think that you have a devil and go into a frenzy trying to "save" you from such. Keep it simple, short and sweet, but if need be, sternly proclaim that this is your decision for you and that there is nothing that they can do about it.
7 AVOID ATTENDING RELIGIOUS CEREMONIES: Avoid invitations by friends and family to certain ceremonies like church programs, baptisms, communions, first communion confirmation, etc. Give yourself at least a year before considering these invites, but hopefully by that time, you wouldn't want to go anyway. Some will invite you as a setup in hopes that the "spirit of the lord" would hit you and smack you back into reality. Some will even sic their pastor on you in a secret intervention so the best thing to do is to avoid it all together.
8. DON'T GIVE IN TO THE THREATS OR GUILTY FEELINGS: Stand your ground and don't allow someone to make you feel sorry that you walk away from the nonsense. Remember that those who are trying to throw the guilt trip on you are still asleep. There is no use in both of you being sleep together. One of you will have to come to your senses, so DON'T GIVE IN!
9. REDIRECT YOUR PRAYERS/MEDITATIONS: There is nothing wrong with praying/meditating. As a matter of fact, it is mandatory that you quiet your mind and spirit in order to refresh; evolve and receive messages from the spirit world (yes, it does exist). The problem is not that you are praying, the issue is who you are praying to. At the end of the day, it is YOUR decision on who or what you wish to meditate to. Just be careful, because it DOES matter which vibrations you tap into. There is a show that I recommend. It's called Switching Your Vibrations.
10. NO RELIGION HOPPING: Last but surely not least, don't be a religion hopper. That is, don't leave one religion and go to another. At the end of the day they are all the same, so if you just have to belong to one, stay where you are at. That is the one that you are familiar with, so try to work around what you already know. It is all make believe, so leaving one and going to another is absurd, and more than likely you will not stick to your new religion. Once you start a journey of searching, it will be hard for you to settle until you find out that the very God that you are looking for is you, and that no one is coming to save you: YOU GOTTA SAVE YOURSELF!
LAC'S Mission: Our goal is to use the media to encourage, uplift and enlighten our audience before, during and after the transformation of one’s life from Religion to Freedom; to provoke listeners to search for the God WITHIN instead of the God WITHOUT, and to reconnect to the most important part of life….The spirit being. YOU ARE THE VERY GOD THAT YOU SEEK!
So...you are thinking about leaving Christianity (not on our account we hope)? Now you know that was meant as a joke, but if we succeeded in provoking you to think about whether you should stay in bondage or not, we will proudly take the credit. We do encourage you to let your decision to leave religion be YOUR decision and not because your are angry at the church, or mad at Jehovah, or because your mate is pressuring you to get out of it. This is a lifestyle change that will only affect you in the long run. You have to be willing to put up with your family's ridiculing and damning you to hell. You also have to be prepared for the guilt that Christians will spend their every waking moment trying to get you to feel for turning your back on the savior that many are still waiting on to save them. May we suggest that you listen to our archives (if you haven't already) because they are full of information from former Christians who's motive is not to convert you but to provoke you to think outside of the box.
We also encourage you to visit our "About Us" page to meet the person who is responsible for the popular show Life After Christianity 101, and also for putting together this website...Me!
Below, we have listed ways for you to leave Christianity. They are not written in stone of course because some "backsliding" stories are different than others, but it can be used as a small guideline if you are not sure what you should do. There is one particular show that I recommend you check out as well called The Great Apostasy: How to Leave Christianity. If you have any questions, please drop us a line on our contact form here, and if you desire to be a guest on LAC to tell your story, contact us here.